Easy Like Sunday Morning

This new adventure comes with some major changes. Meals with Mom were pretty routine. Our meals had to have a meat, starch, and she loved her dessert.

Well, living alone brings on a new idea of meals. Most of the time, I have to remind myself it is time to eat. Breakfast may be at 9 am and lunch maybe at 2 pm and, well, you get the picture.

And if I had to think about and fix a meal, let us just say there were many meals of scrabbled eggs, quick easy.

My daughter, Angela, shared with me some of her freezer meal blogs, which got me to doing some searches for more information. And yesterday, I spent my first once a month cooking day. There were mini meatloafs, spaghetti sauce, sloppy joes, beef and chicken for tacos and chicken for salads. I also have a little bit of a sweet tooth, so there are oatmeal/raisin cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer, too! Pop out 3 or 4 cookies, place them on the cookie sheet and in 10 to 12 minutes there are warm cookies ready to eat.

Not all the meals are frozen with all the ingredient. Spaghetti sauce is frozen so I only have to cook the noodles and I have found salting the water brings it to a boil faster and using the timer, 12 minutes cooks the best boxed pasta.

I have chicken and frozen mixed vegetables and frozen chicken broth and frozen biscuits. All I need to make is a little white sauce using the chicken broth, add the chicken and a handful of mixed vegetables and white sauce to a large ramekin top it with a biscuit and pop it in the oven to create a chicken pot pie.

The ideas are endless but your time is not, so here are a few blogs I liked when I was doing my research - oh and did I mention how much I saved, that was the best part.

The Pioneer Woman
The Happy Money Saver
In the Kitchen

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts