New Month New Recipes

Another once a month cooking marathon. It was so wonderful to have so many meals ready to pop in the oven, crock pot, or microwave with minimum prep, cooking, and clean up.

Meatloaf, sloppy joes, spaghetti, chicken broth, and taco chicken and beef were just a few of the meals I froze last month.

This month is going to be more of chicken and meatless month. Today I prepared biscuits and pancakes for the freezer. The pancake recipe is a new one, Good Old Fashioned Pancakes found on the AllRecipes.com. They turned out great. The recipe made a dozen pancakes, cooked, placed on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer. When they are frozen, place them in a freezer bag (be sure and gently squeeze out the air) ready for breakfast. I like to put a pat of butter on top with a little syrup and microwave for about 20 seconds. The syrup heats up, the butter melts and the pancake is warm and ready to eat!

The next freezer project is my favorite biscuit recipe. When rolling out, I had to learn to keep an even hand, some of my biscuits last month were thin and some were grands! Once made and cut out, I place them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and freeze, I don't precook. After they are frozen they are placed in a freezer bag ready for baking at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. And you can cook just one or two at a time. This recipe creates 15 biscuits.

One of the best recipes last month, was my everything in the pot chicken chili. I started with chicken broth and a little shredded chicken, the last of the salsa (about 1/4 cup), the last of the corn dip which had corn, cheese, and sour cream and a packet of McCormicks Mild Chili mix. It was so good and used up the leftovers that would have been tossed.

Now my freezer is full of biscuits, pancakes, spaghetti, chicken for chicken salad or chicken pot pie made with one of the freezer biscuits on top ( I will share that recipe after I do it), black eyed peas with green beans, and chicken and rice.

Thanks for letting me share this new adventure with you! Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend!!

Comments

Popular Posts